|Destination: Manu Jungle||Altitude: Max. 2,000 m.|
|Trip Style: Jungle Trip||Length: 3D/2N|
|Min. people: 2 pax||Frequency: 1/5|
Cusco – Manu Jungle – Cusco
Manu National Park covers an area of 1,716, 295.22 hectares (17,162.95 km2) which comprises mountainous onsi (traversed by creeks and valleys) with elevations close to 4000 m above sea level and a portion of the Amazon Basin plains. The park is divided into the following onsi: the restricted use zone with pristine forests and native communities, onsid is granted to reasearchers only; the onsider zone for tourism; the recuperation zone for the recovery of disturbed onsi and the cultural zone for human settlement. About 160 species of mammals have been reported in the park, More than 1000 bird species have been estimated to exist in the park, The 155 amphibian species found in the park include, There are 132 species of reptiles in the park In addition, 210 species of fish, 300 species of ants, 650 species of beetles, 136 species of dragonflies and more than 1300 species of butterfiles have been reported in the park so far come with us and we guarantee you a 100 % satisfaction, book now.
Price US$ 450.00 per person
DAY 01: CUSCO – PAUCARTAMBO – PRE INCAS TOMBS – PAITITI LODGE
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Cusco in between 4:30 to 5:00 am. Then we travel in our private van for about 8 hours in total, it takes 1 hour to arrive to Huancarani where you can order your breakfast in a local restaurant, after this we take again the van for 2 more hour until to reach to Paucartambo which is a colonial town also is home to the colourful Virgen del Carmen festival. Paucartambo’s three-day Fiesta de la Virgen del Carmen is one of the biggest street parties in Peru and attracts tens of thousands of travellers, almost all Peruvian, each year. After a guided visit we have to continue in our van until to get to an ancient ruins, Pre – Incas Tombs, located at the Town of Ninamarca, your guide will be in charge to explain you about this mistycal place. Then we have to take our van again to continue until the entrance of the Manu National Park at Acjanaco (4000 masl = 13123 ft.) where you will have a quick explanation about this Amazing Park, from Acjanaco we will begin the descent toward the Cloud forest of the Manu, along the way we can appreciate hundreds of plant tipycal of the cloud forest such as: Cecropia tres, bromliads, orchids, Ferns, mosses, lichens, some palms and epiphytic plants in general, also along this descent we will have the oportunity to see many animals like: hindreds of birds among them: hummingbirds, falcons, woodpecker,parrots, perroquets, quetzals, tucans, harpy Eagle, trogons, and of course the Cock of the Rock (Rupicola Peruviana) the National Bird of Peru, and if we keep calm and we are very attentive observing among the undergrowth of the forest we can observe animals such as: woolly monkeys, Brown capuchin monkeys, also we can see the andean fox, spectacled bear, and so on. Once we cross the cloud forest, we will arrive to the Atalaya Port, where our Boat will be waiting for us to take us on a 40 minutes trip along the Alto Madre de Dios River until to ge our Paititi Lodge, after installing us in our bungalows our chef will be ready with our delicious dinner where you will taste the best peruvian dishes on the table. Around 8.00 pm we will do a night walking inside the Jungle in order to see the nightlife of the jungle as they are, spiders, tarantules, night monkeys, night snakes, bats, coati, armadillos, etc. After this visit, we will return to our lodge where we will sleep surrounded by the sounds of the jungle.
Physical Grading: 1/5
Lodge Altitude: Paititi Lodge 700 masl. = 2296 ft.
Weather: Hot and Humid.
DAY 02: PAITITI LODGE – MACHUWASI LAKE – TROCHA FELIPE
After our delicious breakfast, we will board again the boat to travel along the river for about 30 minuts, until arriving at a trail that will take us directly to the Machuwasi Lake, after 1 hour walking inside the jungle where we will have the oportunity to see animals lake turtles, snakes, squirrel monkeys, etc, finally we arrive to this beautiful lake, where our Catamaran (floating rafts) will be wait for us to explore the lake, in this lake we will see a very particular bird called, hoatzin, cataloged as a preistoric bird of blue and brown colors and with a face that closely resembles the velociraptor dinosaur, is because of its little evolved characteristics and because it seems very much to a velociraptor is that takes the name of prehistoric bird, also in this lake we have the opportunity to see small aligators, kapibaras (biggest rodent in the world) and pecaries. We will return to our Lodge for Lunch and after a rest, we are ready to walk inside the jungle for about 2 hours, we will walk through the Felipe Path, this trail is very popular in the Cultural Zone of Manu, because along this, there are some famillies of monkeys living there, we can see for example, spiders monkeys, pygmy marmoset monkeys, capuchin monkeys, wooly monkey and so on. After enjoying this afternoon trying to see these monkeys we go back our lodge, where our chef again will surprise us with our dinner very well placed on the table and with very beautiful decorations. After dinner, we will be ready to go to bed to rest and be ready for the return to Cusco for the next day.
Physical Grading: 2/5
Lodge Altitude: Paititi Lodge 700 masl. = 2296 ft.
Weather: Hot and Humid.
DAY 03: PAITITI LODGE – ATALAYA PORT – CUSCO
This day we will take breakfast very early in the moorning, due we have to gain time to visit the parrots Clay lick, so wich have to board the boat around 5:00 am to travel down river for bout 30 minuts until to get to the Parrots clay lick, here we will observe many differents type of parrots and parakeets and some macaws, among which we can observe; yellow front parrots, blue headed parrots, read headed parrots, etc. After visitng this place, we are ready to go back at Atalaya port, where our Van will be waiting for us to go back in Cusco. On the way back we will do a stop at an animal rescue (2 loritos) where you can have a After 8 hours of driving we arrive in Cusco around 5:00 pm. Your guide will take care to leave you in your Hotel or next to this.
Physical Grading: 1/5
Lodge Altitude: Paititi Lodge 700 masl. = 2296 ft.
Weather: Hot at the Lodge, moderated cold in Cusco.
- Bilingual and certified Tour Guide.
- A briefing about the trek with your guide the day before
- Pick up from your accomodation
- Private transport to the Manu National Park
- 2 nights Lodging
- Rooms, private toilets and showers in the Lodge
- Confortable Mattress and mosquito nets
- 3 Meals per day during the trip (food served in a buffet style)
- Professional Cook
- Snack for each day of trip
- Mineral water to drinking everyday
- Availability of meals to your preference (vegetarian, vegan, pesquetarian, etc)
- Rubber boots to walk inside the Jungle
- Survivor T – Shirt
- Boat to move along the River
- Boat driver and assistant
- All Permits and entrance to the Manu National Park
- First Aid Kit, with.
- Extra expense if you want to buy things along the trip
- First Breakfast and last dinner.
- Tips for the team ( Is not obligatory but if you wish to do it, it will be welcome).
You Need to Bring
YOU NEED TO BRING
- Original Passport
- Student Card
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance number
- Day Pack
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Cold Clothes (For the first day)
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Bottle of Water
- Flash Light
- Toilet Paper
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Caps or Hats
- Insect Repellent (50% DEET Recommended)
- Rain Pants
- Medicines for Personal Use
- Personal use stuff (Face moisturizer, Handsanitizer, Toothbrush and paste,etc)
- Camera with extra bateries
- Extra money, especially in soles, to buy extra necessities during the trekking, also to tip the team.
OUR FIXED PRICES 2018 – 2022 IN A SHARING GROUP UP TO 10 PEOPLE
|2 people group||US$ 450.00 per person|
|3 people group||US$ 420.00 per person|
|4 people group||US$ 400.00 per person|
|5 people to more||US$ 380.00 per person|
OUR FIXED PRICES 2018 – 2022 IN PRIVATE GROUP ONLY FOR YOU AND YOUR PARTY
|2 people group||US$ 550.00 per person|
|3 people group||US$ 500.00 per person|
|4 people group||US$ 450.00 per person|
|5 people to more||US$ 400.00 per person|
Terms and Conditions
ANDEAN HIKERS PERU TERMS & CONDITIONS
– CUSTOMERS: Dear passenger, we all in Andean Hikers Peru are very happy for chosen us to be part of your experience discovering Peru with us and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Andean Hikers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin, but we as a 100% local company based in Cusco Peru we try to give you the best service possible and continuously improving in each our tours. Please read carefully the terms and conditions of this document described below.
1) ABOUT RESERVATIONS:
Please to have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Andean Hikers Peru, you need to fill out the booking form of the tour, trek or program you wish to book, with all the personal informations of all the participants that will form your Group, Including the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport number,(if you change your Passport number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, pone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
2) ABOUT DEPOSITS
Please to have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Andean Hikers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
– For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
– For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
– For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
Note: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person.
3) ABOUT PAYMENT METHODS
Andean Hikers Peru offer 3 payment methods to make your deposit or to pay the balance of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked,
– Paypal; you need to add 10 % of the total amoung paid. through this method you can use all credits and debit cards. Remember using this method it takes 10 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
– Visa; you need to Click on our Visa link and follow the steps and you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account
– Wester Union Money Transfer; you can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, please contact us if you want to use this payment method to send your deposit.
4) ABOUT THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 3 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you paid the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
5) ABOUT CANCELLATIONS
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted, without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked.
6) ABOUT FORCE MAJEURE We will retain the full amount and we are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Andean Hikers Peru cannot, even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Andean Hikers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
7) ABOUT RISKS By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Andean Hikers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Andean Hikers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
8) ABOUT PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
9) ABOUT CUSTOMER RESPONSABILITY
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer: a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination. b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws. c) declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by andean hikers peru. d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
10) ABOUT ANDEAN HIKERS PERU RESPONSABILITY
Andean Hikers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Andean Hikers Peru, will do everything in our power to help their clients to solve any inconvenience.
11) ABOUT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Andean hikers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.