|Destination: Machu Picchu||Altitude: Max. 3,200 m.|
|Activity: Trekking||Length: 8D/7N|
|Min. people: 2 pax||Physical Grading: 4/5|
Cusco – Choquequirao – Machu Picchu
Choquequirao (Cradle of Cold) is an Incan site in south Peru similar in structure and architecture to Machu Picchu. The ruins are buildings and terraces at levels above and below Sunch’u Pata, the truncated hill top. The hilltop was anciently leveled and ringed with stones to create a 30 by 50 m platform. Presently the only way to access Choquequirao is by a hard hike. The common trail head begins at the village of Cachora, which is approximately a 4 hours drive from Cuzco, along the Cusco – Abancay route. There are many options for guided tours with several companies located in Cuzco but Andean Hikers Peru is the best option, with certified and professional guides, pofessional camping equipments, and the spirit of fellowship that exists in all our travel teams. Don’t stay without doing the Choquequirao Trek take advantage and book now this hike, Andean Hikers Peru is waiting for you!
Price US$ 1100.00 per person
Day #1: CUSCO – CAPULIYOC – PLAYA ROSALINA – SANTA ROSA
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Cusco in between 3:30 to 4:00 am. Then we travel in our private van for 2 hours until to arrive to Curawasi where you can order your breakfast in a local restaurant, after this we take again the van for 2 more hours until to reach to Capuliyoc (3200 masl.= 10498 ft.) where is the beginning of our Choquequirao Trek, from here you will have an Amazing view of the Padrayoc (great father in Qquechua) snow capped mountain, and the first view of the Apurimac river valley, also here in Capiliyoc we are going to meet the horses and the horseman who will pack your duflle bag (provided by us) and all the camping equipment and cooking stuff. This day we will walk (downhill) for around 6 to 7 hours the canyon of the Apurimac River, it takes 4 to 5 hours walking down until our first stop at Playa Rosalina where our Chef and horseman will be waiting for us to take our delicious and varied lunch, after the lunch we continue for another 2hours but this time we cross the Apurimac River to walk up until to reach our first campsite, which is Santa Rosa (1850 masl.= 6069 ft.) where yu will sleep this night after a delicious dinner where the table will be plenty of food.
Walking distance: 15km = 9,3 miles
Campsite Altitude: Santa Rosa 1850 masl.= 6069 ft.
Physical Grading: 3/5
Weather: Hot and humid.
Day #2: SANTA ROSA – MARAMPATA – CHOQUEQUIRAO
We take breakfast very early, then we continue towards an ascent of 3 to 4 hours (uphill) with many Zigzags along the Trail, where besides observing the beautiful Andean landscape, you will have the opportunity to observe the flight of the majestic condor also we can see differents kind of flora and fauna of the peruvian Andes, then we go until to get Marampata (2950 masl.= 9678 ft.) where our chef and our horseman will be waiting for us with a great and very nutritive lunch where you can taste the best typical peruvian dishes. From here if you look back you will see the whole way you made unti Marampata. After lunch and after a break here, we have to continue for around 2 hours more, until to get the archaeological complex of Choquequirao.
We are going spend the rest of the day exploring and discovering the majestic Inca ruins that Choquequirao has to show us, from the Choquequirao campsite takes 30 minuts Until reaching the heart of the archeaological complex of Choquequirao, after walking inside a dense cloud forest, as by magic we will arrive at Usnu or the ceremonial platform, froom where you will have a spectacular view of all Choquequirao in its máximum splendor, i’ts in this place where your guide will perform a payment ceremony to the mother earth (Pachamama) where it’s offered some coca leaves, some fruits, cookies or candies. You are free to participate in this ceremony or not. After taking a rest, we continue towards the central part of the citadel where we will arrive to the main square wich is surrrounded by Inca architecture in all its magnificence, your guide will be in charge of transporting you to the Incas time, telling about the history, customs, clothes and uses of each archeaological rest found in Choquequirao. You will find ruins like the kallankas or barns, houses, temples, inca palaces, water fontains, also here you will observe the triumphal arch located in the southern part of the main square, also we will observe and visit big terraces where the incas used them for agriculture and at the same time avoid landslides. Then we will visit the most attractive places of choquequirao, which are the llama’s terraces, located deep in the Canyon of the Apurimac River. In here, we will appreciate the designs of llamas made with white quartz stone, from a viewpoint; we will appreciate these designs in its entire. After spent the rest of the day exploring Choquequirao we will return to our Choquequirao Campsite where we will spend the night and this campsite is a special place for watching the sunset, after our delicious dinner we will be ready to go our tents, where your confortable mattress will be waiting for you.
Walking distance: 14 km. = 10 miles
Campsite Altitude: Choquequirao 2900 masl.= 9514 ft.
Physical Grading: 4/5
Weather: moderated Cold.
Day #3: CHOQUEQUIRAO – CHOQUEQUIRAO PASS – RIO BLANCO – MAIZAL
Today after a very early breakfast we can continue exploring a little more Choquequirao, then we have to continue uphill through the cloud forest, Mountains and valleys until to reach the Choquequirao pass. After 5 hours trekking the trail continue through agricultural terraces called Pinchinoyoc which means (water jumping forward – 2750m). There, we will observe very beautiful andean landscapes also we have the oportunity to see different species of birds, different varieties of orchids, and local coca plantations. We will have our lunch near to the Rio Blanco; here we will take a break to get a refreshing bath in the cold and clear river water. We cross walking through the river, since there are no bridges. After our enjoying the bath in the river we start the long and steep climb to our campsite in Maizal (3000 masl = 9842 ft.), From Rio Blanco we climb up to Maizal for about 3 hrs. This is one day with many challenge and with a warm wheather. Once we get in Maizalur chef will be waiting for us withour suculent and delicious dinner.
Walking distance: 18 km. = 11 miles
Campsite Altitude: Maizal 3000 masl.= 9842 ft.
Physical Grading: 4/5
Weather: hot and moderated Cold at Maizal.
Day #4: MAIZAL – MINAS VICTORIA – YANAMA
This day we will take an early breakfast and then we have to continue going up for about 6 hours until to reach the Victori Pass (4200 masl. = 13779 ft.) Again a long climb, but we walk in amazingly beautiful area – first with cloud forest and then over Andean Puna with the well known Ichu grass. Then we pass through Minas Victoria, a place that during the colony, silver was extracted from a mine. Almost on the top we can appreciate original paved Inca trails. We take our lunch at the pass in 4200m with view of the mountain Choquetakarpo and Padrayoc, while we had lunch we will be able to appreciate the flight of the condors depending on the climate, and finally we have to descend for 2 hours to our next campsite at Yamana, a small village settlement at the bottom of a long valley surrounded by mountains (3800masl. = 12467 ft.) Here our chef and our horseman will be waiting for us with our great and varied dinner to recharge all the energy spent during this journey.
Walking distance: 17.5 km. = 10,5 miles
Campsite Altitude: Yanama 3800 masl.= 12467 ft.
Physical Grading: 4/5
Day #5: YANAMA – CORDILLERA ANDINA – TOTORA
After our delicious breakfast we are ready to continue our trekking, starting with an ascend of 5 hours to the Yanama pass (4700 masl. = 15419 ft.) Along this way we can see small houses from local people also you will observe those people in their daily routines of raising guinea pigs, sheep, alpacas and also dedicating themselves to the agriculture of potatoes. From the pass, you will have a spectacular view of the Peruvian Andes where you will appreciate high mountains like Sacsarayoc and Padrayoc snow capped mountain. From here again we have the chance to see the great condor, and this morning smooth climb bring us through new landscapes, especially the wet grass fields under the snowline and water stream. In the pass we might walk in snow, it is the new entrance to the valley of Santa Teresa and observing one of the most famous mountain in Cusco Region The Salkantay Snow Capped Mountain, after having passed through the high mountains it’s time for a long descent for about 4 hours through grassy fields and bush areas and crossing bridges on the way towards the community of Totora, where it will be our next campsite and our cook and herseman as always they will be waiting for us with our delicious, plenty and varied dinner. We will spend the night here in our four season tents with an indescribable beauty, surrounded by pure nature.
Walking distance: 20 km. = 12,4 miles
Campsite Altitude: Totora 1900 masl.= 6233 ft.
Physical Grading: 4/5
Weather: Cold during the day, fresh at Totora.
Day #6: TOTORA – PLAYA SAHUAYACO – SANTA TERESA
After our breakfast we have to continue walking down, into the Cloud Forest for about 7 to 8 hours until to ge tour next campsite Santa Teresa (1550 masl = 5085 ft.) along the trail we will have the opportunity to see the majestic landscape of the cloud forest, where we will see small waterfalls, streams, plants like, orchids, palms, heliconias, bromeliads, etc. Also we can see animals like many birds amoong them, hummingbirds, parrots, parakeets, and the famous cook of the rock which is the national bird of Peru, and Finally if we are lucky we can see the great spectacled bear, We arrive to Playa Sahuayaco around 1:00 pm where our delicious lunch will be ready waiting for us. After lunch our van will be waiting for us to go to Santa Teresa, it takes 1 hour to get to Santa Teresa, where we can enjoy the Natural hotspring of Santa Teresa, it’s advisable to visit this hot spring since after 6 days walking the hot spring helps a lot to the relaxation of the muscles and nerves of the body. After enjoying for 2 hours the natural hot spring, we need to go back to our Campsite at Santa Teresa where we will be ready to take our succulent, varied and delicious dinner prepared by our professional chef.
Walking distance: 18 km. = 11 miles
Campsite Altitude: Totora 1550 masl.= 5085 ft.
Physical Grading: 3/5
Weather: Hot and Humid.
Day #7: SANTA TERESA – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES
After our breakfas, we can explore the area and your guide will tall you about the history os this town then around 10 we will take a transport that will take us for around 1 more hour until hidroelectica, where we are going to have lunch, after our lunch we are going to walk for about 3 hours until reach Aguas Calientes. We will be walking these 3 hours next the train rail. Once we get Aguas Calientes we will check in, to our Hotel and after we settled in our hotel, we will have a dinner in a local restaurant, during this dinner your guide will give you a briefing about the visit to Machupicchu the next morning.
Walking distance: 10km = 6,2 miles
Aguas Calientes Altitude: 2050 masl.= 6725 ft.
Physical Grading: 2/5
Weather: hot and humid.
Day #8: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO
This is the most important day because you will visit the beautiful and Amazing citadel of Machu Picchu, this day we will wake up very eraly in the morning to walk up toward Machu Picchu for about 1h 40 min. You can take a bus up to Machupicchu if you wish (bus up is not included) Machu Picchu opens at 6:00 am and the mystical sunrise from the mountain surrounding Machu Picchu start around 6:30 am, after seeing the sunrise you will have a guided tour for around 2h30 min. where your guide will explain you the main places of Machupicchu, after this is the end of the guide’s job. It’s at this momento where the guide say goodbye to everybody. After this you can explore Machu Picchu by your own, and if you have the excursión to the Huaynapicchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain you have to do it, but depends What time is your starting hour of your excursión to these Mountains. (Huyanapicchu Mountain and Machu Picchu Mountain is optional you need to le tus know in advance if you wish to climb up one of these mountains). You need to go out from Machu Picchu at 12:00 pm. and go to Aguas Calientes where you can take Lunch in a Local Restaurant (optional not included). After this you can explore Aguas Calientes and wait for your train to Ollantaytambo, it takes 2 hours by train to Ollantaytambo where our transport will be waiting for you to take you back to Cusco. we leave you in your hotel or near to this. About the train we will provide you the turistic class train, the train departure times can be in between 2:00 pm to 8:30 pm. it depends of the availability of the sapces.
Physical Grading: 2/5
Meals included: Breakfast in the Hotel.
Weather: hot and humid.
- Bilingual and certified Tour Guide.
- A briefing about the trek with your guide the day before
- Pick up from your accomodation
- Private transport to the Trail Head
- Andean ceremony, offering to the mother earth on the Usnu (ceremonial platform)
- Entrance Ticktes to Choquequirao
- Entrance Tickets to Machupicchu
- Transport From Playa Sahuayaco to Santa Teresa
- Transport from Santa Teresa to Hidroelectrica
- Four season tents (2 people in each one) you will have enough space.
- Camping equipments (Kitchen tent, portable chairs and table )
- Air mattresses
- 3 Meals per day during the trek (food served in a buffet style)
- Professional Cook
- Snack for each day of trekking
- Boiled water to drink for the trek.
- availability of meals to your preference (vegetarian, vegan, pesquetarian, etc)
- Horses or mules and muleteer to carry camping equipments and cooking stuff
- A duffel bag where you can put inside 10 kilos from your personal stuff (it will be carry by the horses or mules)
- First Aid Kit, with Oxigen ballon.
- Survivor T – shirt for each Hiker.
- Extra expense if you want to buy things along the trek
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu Mountain or Montaña Machupicchu.(it has an extra cost of 25 dollars per person)
- Sleeping bags (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional one, which can support until -15 °C or 5 °F)
- Walking sticks ( you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional black diamond pair)
- Mineral water (you can buy bottle of mineral water in everycampsite)
- Break fast and last lunch and dinner.
- Entrances fees to the Natural hot spring of Santa Teresa (10 soles per person)
- Bus up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Pichu ( Round trip bus cost 24 dollars but just one way cost 12 dollars)
- Upgrade your Turistic Train to a Luxury Vistadome Train to Ollantaytambo (70 $)
- Horse to ride or to carry extra backpacks (180 dollars per horse or mule)
- Tips for the team ( Is not obligatory but if you wish to do it, it will be welcome).
You Need to Bring
YOU NEED TO BRING
- Original Passport
- Student Card
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance number
- Day Pack
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Cold Clothes (For the first and Second day)
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Bottle of Water
- Flash Light
- Toilet Paper
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Caps or Hats
- Gloves (for the first and second day)
- Insect Repellent (50% DEET Recommended)
- Sleeping Bags
- Walking sticks
- Rain Pants
- Medicines for Personal Use
- Personal use stuff (Face moisturizer, Handsanitizer, Toothbrush and paste,etc)
- Water Purifying Tablets
- Camera with extra bateries
- Extra money, especially in soles, to buy extra necessities during the trekking, also to tip the team.
CONSIDERATIONS: Most of items mentioned above you can put them in your duffel bag that we will provide you, you will only need to walk with your day daypack with less heavy things.
OUR FIXED PRICES 2018 – 2022 IN A SHARING GROUP UP TO 10 PEOPLE
|2 people group||US$ 1100.00 per person|
|3 people group||US$ 1050.00 per person|
|4 people group||US$ 1000.00 per person|
|5 people to more||US$ 950.00 per person|
OUR FIXED PRICES 2018- 2022 IN PRIVATE GROUP ONLY FOR YOU AND YOUR PARTY
|2 people group||US$ 1300.00 per person|
|3 people group||US$ 1250.00 per person|
|4 people group||US$ 1200.00 per person|
|5 people to more||US$ 11500.00 per person|
Terms and Conditions
ANDEAN HIKERS PERU TERMS & CONDITIONS
– CUSTOMERS: Dear passenger, we all in Andean Hikers Peru are very happy for chosen us to be part of your experience discovering Peru with us and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Andean Hikers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin, but we as a 100% local company based in Cusco Peru we try to give you the best service possible and continuously improving in each our tours. Please read carefully the terms and conditions of this document described below.
1) ABOUT RESERVATIONS:
Please to have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Andean Hikers Peru, you need to fill out the booking form of the tour, trek or program you wish to book, with all the personal informations of all the participants that will form your Group, Including the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport number,(if you change your Passport number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, pone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
2) ABOUT DEPOSITS
Please to have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Andean Hikers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
– For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
– For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
– For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
Note: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person.
3) ABOUT PAYMENT METHODS
Andean Hikers Peru offer 3 payment methods to make your deposit or to pay the balance of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked,
– Paypal; you need to add 10 % of the total amoung paid. through this method you can use all credits and debit cards. Remember using this method it takes 10 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
– Visa; you need to Click on our Visa link and follow the steps and you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account
– Wester Union Money Transfer; you can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, please contact us if you want to use this payment method to send your deposit.
4) ABOUT THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 3 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you paid the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
5) ABOUT CANCELLATIONS
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted, without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked.
6) ABOUT FORCE MAJEURE We will retain the full amount and we are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Andean Hikers Peru cannot, even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Andean Hikers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
7) ABOUT RISKS By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Andean Hikers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Andean Hikers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
8) ABOUT PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
9) ABOUT CUSTOMER RESPONSABILITY
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer: a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination. b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws. c) declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by andean hikers peru. d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
10) ABOUT ANDEAN HIKERS PERU RESPONSABILITY
Andean Hikers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Andean Hikers Peru, will do everything in our power to help their clients to solve any inconvenience.
11) ABOUT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Andean hikers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.